Our Group Care Intensive Services (GCIS) / Level 3 home on Standridge Road provides 24-hour awake supervision for tweens and teens who have been removed from their home due to abuse or neglect, significant behavioral problems, or family disruption. We provide for all basic needs for males and females ranging in age from 10 to 21 years in four living units. We care for approximately 10 girls and 30 boys in this GCIS program.
Through a nurturing approach, counselors foster and model healthy relationships with the youth. Youth also continue to attend school and be involved in intensive counseling as well as recreational, social, and spiritual activities to help them continue their growth and maturation in preparation for return to family, adoption, or placement in a foster home or less intensive group home setting.
- 24 hour awake supervision
- 1:4 staff to client ratio
- Intensive case management
- Master’s level individual and family counseling
- TF-CBT (Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) trained counselors
- Group counseling and structured recreational activities
- Independent living skills group instruction
- Title 1 funded Educational Enrichment Program, to include educational assessment, after-school tutoring, basic educational skills enhancement, and a structured summer program.
Youth are referred to our residential programs through the SC Department of Social Services or the SC Department of Juvenile Justice.